Name and contact details of the representative responsible for data processing as well as the representative responsible for data protection
The data privacy information pertains to data handling by:Westdeutsche Gesellschaft für Familienkunde e.V.
(represented by chairman Volker Thorey)
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: +49 261801633
The representative responsible for data privacy is reachable under the aforementioned address. Please address any communication for the attention of the representative responsible for data privacy, also via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage of personal data as well as manner and purpose of its usage
a) While browsing the website
While visiting our websites www.wgff.de, www.wgff-shop.de, www.wgff-tz.de und www.wgff-mediabase.de, some information will be transmitted by the browser of your choice to our servers. The pieces of data will temporarily be saved in a so-called logfile without your input until automatically deleted:
- IP-address of the inquiring computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of file,
- Website, from which the access originated (referrer URL),
- Browser in use and eventually operating system of the computer as well as name of internet service provider.
The following data will be processed with the following purposes:
- Establishment of a smooth connection to the websites,
- Convenient use of our websites,
- Evaluation of the system security and stability in addition to
- further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter f of the GDPR. Our justifiable interest is a result of the aforementioned purposes in terms of data collection. On no account do we use the data collected with the purpose of making inferences regarding you personally.
b) While subscription to our newsletter
Provided that explicit consent has been given in accordance with article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter a of the GDPR, your e-mail address is used in order to electronically deliver our newsletter periodically. For the purpose of receiving the newsletter, is the indication of the e-mail address sufficient.
Unsubscribing our newsletter is possible at any time, e.g. via a hyperlink on the end of each individual newsletter. Alternatively it is possible to express your wish to unsubscribe at any point in time via e-mail message directed to email@example.com
Disclosure of data
The transmission of your personal data to third parties will not take place for purposes different from the below-mentioned.
We will only pass on your personal data to third-parties, when:
- you have given express consent according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter a of the GDPR,
- the transmission according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter f of the GDPR is necessary for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason for the assumption that you have prevailing interests of non-disclosure of data worthy of protection.
- for the case that disclosure according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter c of the GDPR is necessary due to legal obligations and also
- these are legally permissible and necessary according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter b of the GDPR for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
We employ cookies on our website. Those are small files, which are generated automatically by your browser and are stored on your personal device (laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.), when our website is visited. Cookies do not create any damage to your device, contain no viruses, trojans or any kind of malware.
Information is stored in the cookie that is generated in connection with your device. This does not mean, however, that we obtain access to your identity.
Furthermore, we also employ temporary cookies which are stored in your device for a predetermined time frame for the optimization of user-friendliness. If you visit our website once again in order to gain access to our services, it will automatically be recognized that you have already visited us in the past as well as which entries and settings you had set up, so that you don’t need to repeat them.
On the other hand, we employ cookies in order to collect statistical data related to the website usage, so that we can evaluate the optimization of our offerings (see part 5). These cookies allow us to automatically recognize during a new visit to our website that you had already been with us. These cookies are automatically erased after a predefined time.
The data that is processed by the cookies are for the aforementioned purposes meant for the safeguarding of our justifiable interests as well as of those of third parties according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter f of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can set up your browser, so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a notice is always shown before a new cookie is accepted. The complete blocking of cookies can lead however to you no longer being able to use all functionalities of our website.
Rights of affected parties
You have the right:
- according to article 15 of the GDPR, to demand disclosure of the personal data handled by us. Particularly, you can demand disclosure of the purpose for the usage of data, the categories of the personal data, the categories of the recipients to which the data was disclosed or will be, the planned storage time, the existence of the right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of the right of complaint, the origin of your data if they were not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automatic decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful particular details;
- according to article 16 of the GDPR, to demand the immediate rectification or completion of the data stored with us;
- according to article 17 of the GDPR, to demand the deletion of personal data stored with us, as long as their handling is not necessary for the exercise of the right of free speech and information, to the fulfillment of legal obligations, on grounds of the public interest or to the enforcement, exercise and defense of legal claims;
- according to article 18 of the GDPR, to demand the limitation of handling of personal data, as long as you are disputing their correctness, their handling is illegitimate, their deletion you notwithstanding refuse and we no longer require them, while you, however, do it for the enforcement, exercise and defense of legal claims or you have opposed the handling according to article 21 of the GDPR;
- according to article 20 of the GDPR, to demand to receive the personal data that you have made available to us, in a patterned, established and machine-readable format or to have transmitted to another person responsible;
- according to article 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR, to revoke your once to us provided consent. The implication is that the handling of data based on that consent is no longer possible to continue in the future and
- according to article 77 of the GDPR, to complain before a regulatory authority. Generally, you can turn to the regulatory authority of your usual place of residence or work or of our legal counsel.
Right of objection
As long as your personal data is handled on the basis of justifiable interest according to article 6 paragraph 1 section 1 letter f of the GDPR, you have the right to object the handling of your personal data according to article 21 of the GDPR, if there are grounds due your special situation or if your objection is opposing direct advertising. On the latter case, you enjoy the right of objection in a general sense to which we will abide by without the submission of a reason.
If you’d like to make use of either your right of revocation or of objection, an e-mail message to the following address is sufficient:
We usually employ during your visit to our website the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in connection with the respectively highest encryption level that is supported by your browser. Usually a 256 bit encryption is deployed. In the event that your browser does not support a 256 bit encryption, we resort to the 128 bit v3 technology. If a particular page of our internet presence is transmitted with encryption, you can identify it by the depiction of a key or closed lock on the inferior status bar of your browser.
By the way, we make use of adequate technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your data against incidental and deliberate manipulation, partial or total loss, deletion or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved according to technological evolution.